As a hands-on Senior Hosting Engineer you will responsible for our Technical & Data Center Operations organization, designing, building and maintaining innovative infrastructure solutions that support the 24x7needs of the company.
This position is a forward-thinking role in the architecture, design and delivery of our hosting systems including servers, storage/SAN/NAS, SQL clustering, middleware, virtual environments, networks, and the physical facilities that support the applications and business processes required by our clients as well as our own IT Infrastructure. Included in the focus areas is the critical evaluation and selection of the software and hardware components of the infrastructure. Best practices in this role use various techniques including modeling, simulation, and testing to validate the designs and selected products.
The Senior Hosting Engineer is responsible for performance, availability and scalability of the infrastructure. In addition, this role concentrates on data center relocation be it a physical or virtual move.
- Must possess the initiative to resolve issues before they become critical
- Proactive maintenance analysis and testing of our hosting environments using Microsoft Systems Operations Manager 2012
- Responsible for all systems implementations, server deployments and OS patch releases.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and propensity for knowledge sharing
- Lead identification and documentation of business, security and technical requirements
- Installing, monitoring and maintaining all security related software and processes including Firewall, IPD/IPS, web vulnerability scans and network scans
- Document and implement best practice security policies, risk mitigation plans, intrusion remediation plans, desktop security plans, cyber security plans, etc.
- Must understand functionality, scalability, performance, security, and integration requirements for a Saas based enterprise business platform
- Analyzes performance statistics and performs required tuning and optimization of systems and applications
- Building an internal team and training them on complex technology and creating appropriate documentation
- Enforcing and improving our change-management processes to be compliant with our SSAE16 controls
- Supporting sales initiatives and meeting client SLA's
Skills / Requirements
Hands on experience with the following technologies
- Virtualization technologies (Hyper-V, VMWare)
- Windows Operating Systems (Server 2003, 2008 & 2012)
- Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2/2012 (DB Administration, Tuning & Management)
- Microsoft Systems Operations Manager 2012
- SAN/Storage technology landscape (EMC/IBM/NetApp/HDS)
- Amazon EC2 and S3
Degrees, Certificates and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, MIS, Computer Science, or related field
- 5-7 years Datacenter hosting of Saas based software including all hardware, software and resources required to optimize usage
- 5-7 years IT operation with strong understanding of database structures, theories, principles, and practices
- A minimum of 7 years of IT support/management experience developing data integration plans, engineering and managing hardware and software architectures and ensuring compatibility and optimal integration of multiple systems
- A minimum of 7 years of experience working with SQL, VMware, Hyper-V and SAN & disk configuration for SQL server
- A minimum of 5 years of experience with datacenter rationalization, consolidation, relocation, or migration
Please choose "Hosting/IT" when filling out the form below